Monday, July 14, 2008

Ti Tree


This is probably the last photo you see of the van still intact and in shape.
Disaster happened.
I dreamt of the donkey attacking me and steered the vehicle to the dirt road. The vehicle nearly got thrown off the road.
We reached Ti-Tree. I had been driving straight 2 hours that morning. I think fatigue had climbed over me. Gen had to take over since she hasn't drove that day.
We drove off.
I was reading the map and knew we are nearing Alice Springs, the place where we will stop by and look for a hostel before continuing the journey down to Ayers Rock and Kings Canyon.
Suddenly, I felt the vehicle vibrating vigorously. I coudn't help but shouted ,"GEN?" and by the time I looked up, the vehicle is gliding along the undulating dirt ground. We were off the tar road.
There wasn't enough time for us to react, or for gen to react. I looked over at her and saw the ground smashed into the right side door. Glass shattered. Soon after, I found myself and the van rolling. All our belongings were tossed all around the vehicle. It happened so fast as if I was in one of my dreams.
Our Van rolled over. Travelling at 140km/h and was turned left immediately will not hesitate to throw the vehicle into a rolling motion just like how a washing machine will wash the clothes.
When the vehicle finally stopped, I unbuckled my safety belt and noticed the whole vehicle was already flipped on its right side. I pulled gen out. She was shocked by the trauma.
So fearful of explosion which usually occured in movies, I told gen to get out first. I had to hold the door for her to climb out. And I realised it wasn't easy holding on to the door. After she got out, I had trouble. I could not hold the door and get out myself. I was in deepshit. Struggling my way, I had to let the weight of the door pressed down on me as I creeped out through the opening lifted by my bare body.
I ran away, and pulled her away too.
We waited. There wasn't any explosion.
It just sounded like a dream. happen like a dream. Felt like a dream. Our vehicle was gone. Bowie died.

No comments: